Devops Bootcamp is been my dream project. After working with devops practices for more than a decade (even before devops as a keyword was created in 2009) and with my experience of delivering corporate trainings for more than 5 years, I have been wanting to create a program which explains devops from grounds up, demonstrate the the entire workflow with a realistic use case, and takes them on a devops journey right from implementing it right from development to continuous integration, to automated deployments and then completing the feedback loop with monitoring. This is that program.
This is a program for you if,
- you are interested in making a career in the field of devops and looking for way to get started.
- you want to get a understanding of a devops workflow with a realistic use case and desire to learning by doing
- want to get a quick dive into key practices and tools e.g. docker, git, jenkins, ansible, kubernetes, prometheus
Following are the key practices and tools you would learn during this course and a quick overview of how the course flows,
- Codifying Devops - The Devops Story : This is the story of devops, from beginning and explains how organisations evolved, right from Ford's assembly line and TPS to lean, agile and now devops. And then dives into the key practices and tools of the game. Narrated as a story.
- Use case Mogambo.org : This section would introduce you with the use case of a fictional organisation, with realistic problems. As part of the course, you are going to help this organisation transform to be truely agile and reliable with the devops practices that you implement.
- Containerisation with Docker : With the world moving towards container based delivery, Docker is a skill that a must know for everyone. This section would teach you just exactly that. It will equip you with the essential skills to work with docker. You would also start dockerising sample applications for Mogambo.org and later integrate it with Jenkins and deploy with kubernetes.
- Revision Control with Git : With the underlying theme of everything as a code, Just like Docker, learning git is another essential skill that everyone posses. This section introduces to the world of revision control with git and would teach you how to get started working with git, repositories, branches and remotes.
- Continuous Integration with Jenkins : Immediate feedback is the key to bring down the failures, bugs and to incrementally improve the quality of the code. Continuous integration(CI) is the key practice which offers a way to create a feedback pipeline and run it in a automated way. Jenkins is the gold standard in the world of CI and thats exactly what you would get started with in this section. You would also learn how to build build pipelines for Mogambo.org.
- Infrastructure as a Code with Ansible: Ability to write Infrastructure as a code has revolutionised the world of Ops teams by offering them a way to codify the infrastructure, revision control it, test it and create repeatable automated workflows. It is a big deal and a cornerstone of the devops practices. In this section you would learn the basics of Ansible, create simple playbooks to deploy applications.
- Deploying container based apps with Kubernetes: Just as Jenkins is the standard in CI world, so has Kubernetes consolidated its position as a Container Orchestration Engine (COE). Its a reliable, feature rich, cloud agnostic way of converting your infrastructure into a Container as a Service. You would learn how to setup a Kubernetes cluster and would build one using Google Kubernetes Engine Platform (GKE) to deploy applications for Mogambo.org.
- Monitoring with Prometheus: Prometheus along with Grafana makes a powerful duo when it comes to setting up monitoring services, specially with kubernetes based infrastructure, where the two integrate very well, offering you a seamless experience to setup a complete solution for health monitoring at node, kubernetes resources and at application level. In this course you are going to setup a one click deploy monir
Even though this course has a length of more than 11 hours, consider it as your first step towards devops expertise. If you are serious about devops as a profession, you need to posses at the least intermediate depth into each topic that you learn as part of this course.
This course is a result of months of hardwork by School of Devops team wiht collective experience of more than two and a half decade. Hope you appreciate and enjoy it and find worth your time. Happy learning !
PreviewThe Beginning - Assembly Line and Toyota Production System (5:37)
PreviewLean to Agile (5:31)
PreviewFrom Agile to Devops (5:13)
PreviewDefining Devops (5:12)
PreviewReverse Elephant Theory - Interpreting Devops (5:59)
PreviewKey principles of Devops (6:54)
PreviewEnvironment Automation (4:51)
PreviewInfrastructure as a Code (6:58)
PreviewContinuous Integration (7:43)
PreviewContinous Delivery and Deployment (5:32)
PreviewContinuous Monitoring - Completing the Feedback Loop (5:08)
StartLearn about the Story of Devops
PreviewIntroducing the Use Case (0:58)
PreviewThe rapid rise of Mogambo - the ecommerce giant of Sundarland (3:45)
StartQuick Analysis of Organizational Goals and the Current Setup (3:45)
StartOrganizational and Devops Problems (6:49)
StartMogambo's Microservices Architecture (5:41)
StartThe devops approach (5:14)
Hi, this is Gourav. Being passionate about linux and open source, I built a good foundation for my professional career while I was still at Engineering School. I started my career as a ops guy, being a systems admin and later as a operations engineer. I then went on to transform my career to be a Devops Consultant, Corporate Trainer, Devops Coach and a Public Speaker. I have helped more than 10k tech professionals from top companied of the world to transform their careers to be devops ready. I am a published author with one book and more than 18 courses published on many platforms including Udemy, Packt, Skillshare, Orielly's Safari Books Online and this site. I have more than 60k students online. I have been recently featured on edX with my course on Devops and SRE, published by Linux Foundation, the world leaders in open source. You could check his biography here
Courses bundled with this
Original Price: $423
Get started now!
This is what our existing students say